Set Up the Application
Once you have generated a tile set from your source data, you should setup your Aperture Tiles application. Each Aperture Tiles application has two components:
- A Tile Server, which sends tile data to the client
- A Tile Client, which displays tile data received from the client
The fastest way to create these components is to modify an existing example application. Example applications are available in the tile-examples/ directory in the source code.
To begin configuring your Aperture Tiles application
- Choose the one of the following demos to use as a template:
Demo Location Description Julia Set tile-examples/julia-demo/ Server-rendered heatmap on a blank cross-plot baselayer Twitter Topics tile-examples/twitter-topics/ Server-rendered heatmap with client-rendered word clouds on a geographic Google Maps baselayer
- Copy the folder of the demo you want and give it a unique name (e.g., new‑project).
- Update the Gradle build file (new-project/build.gradle) to add or change the following fields:
Field Description description Project description group Group ID version Project version number
For details on configuring a Tile Server to pass tile-based data to the Tile Client, see the Configure the Tile Server topic.